Fish Fillets NG is strictly a puzzle game. The goal in every of the seventy levels is always the same: find a safe way out. The fish utter witty remarks about their surroundings, the various inhabitants of their underwater realm quarrel among themselves or comment on the efforts of your fish. The whole game is accompanied by quiet, comforting music.
9th September 2011 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 1.0.1
- Fixed a bug in the last levels. Fish were unable to swim to some places. It happened next to the room border. The bug was introduced in version 0.9.2. Big thanks Radek and Mirek Olsak for discovering it.
25th August 2011 - Fish Fillets Clone
Mirek Olsak prepared a Fish Fillets Clone. It contains new rules and new levels.
In the game, fish die less often. And objects have friction.
23rd December 2010 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 1.0.0
- Dutch spoken dialogs for all levels (by Astrid de Wijn and friends).
Disallowed a move, to be consistent with the original Fish Fillets.
Pushing of partially supported objects is disallowed.
The object has to be supported by a wall or by a fish
who isn't directly under it.
You could switch back to the less restrictive rules
by using "strict_rules=0" config option.
Thanks Brian Raiter for reporting the discrepancy.
- Provided music looping without fading (by Brian Raiter).
download from the Download section.
25th February 2010 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.9.3
- Fixed compilation with the newer fribidi-0.19.2.
16th October 2009 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.9.2
- Fixed undefined behavior in the last levels. The outgoing objects could be stopped by an obstacle (thanks Josef Peterka for pointing it out).
- Fixed strange background colors on the F10 and F1 screens. SDL-1.2.14 would fix these too.
3rd July 2009 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.9.1
- Used sound frequency 44100 to prevent crackles (thanks to Josef Peterka).
14th June 2009 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.9.0
- Level 'linux' (by Mirek Olsak).
- Level 'electromagnet' (by Stephan Barth).
- Embedded intro video (thanks to Mirek Olsak).
- Faster undo (hold -) (thanks to Mirek Olsak).
- Redo (hold +).
- Czech spoken dialogs for level 'keys' (thanks to Mirek Olsak).
- Updated Bulgarian translation (by Damyan Ivanov).
- Updated Swedish translation (by Olov Gustavsson).
- Enhanced graphics for the NG levels (by Fank Skalicky).
3rd January 2009 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.8.1
- Two extra levels (by Stephan Barth and Mirek Olsak).
- Added support for translated images (by Leonid Myravjev).
- Prevented music restart on undo.
- Fixed checking for solvable room before undo saving.
- Fixed checking for second dead fish.
22nd December 2007 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.8.0
- Undo (on key '-')
- Five extra levels (by Mirek Olsak)
- Slovenian translation (by Marko Burjek)
- Brazilian Portuguese translation (by Ricardo Faria)
- Russian translation (by Leonid Myravjev, Maria Antropova, Gregory Bonik)
11th March 2007 - Fish Fillets 2
Altar Games released the sequel: Fish Fillets 2.
It is pity that it is for Windows only. Other users could at least see a flash video from the game.
21st December 2006 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.7.4
- One extra level (by Mirek Olsak)
- Bulgarian translation (by Damyan Ivanov)
- Swedish translation (by Olov Gustavsson)
- Fixed table iterations for lua5.1
3rd October 2005 - Minor release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.7.2
- Experimental support for RTL texts
- Tab/Enter are usable on worldmap
- Flags show language tips
- Lua is statically linked again
17th July 2005 - Bug fix release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.7.1
- Spanish translation
- Dutch translation
- minor bug fixes (default speech, mingw32 build)
29th May 2005 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.7.0
- Italian translation
- Polish translation
- correction of English dialogs
- step counter color depends on active fish
- options menu is refreshed when lang is changed
- added menu to choose speech ("cs" or "none")
- enabled speech=cs as default
- fixed fullscreen on win32
- updated halloffame score (thanks to many)
8th November 2004 - Italian translation started
Simone Cociancich started Italian translation.
New translators are welcome!
13th October 2004 - Packages for MacOS X
Jason Kingan prepared .dmg for MacOS X
11th October 2004 - Bug fix release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.6.1
- fixed crash with empty lang
10th October 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.6.0
- 24 new levels + final level
- better mouse support - see How to Play
- menu tooltips
- level help on F1
- hall of fame integration for pedometer
- intro.avi as a separate file
- complete French translation
- complete German translation
- fbcon support
- win32 binary package
2nd October 2004 - Game intro
Game intro is encoded using MPEG-4 video codec. The video quality is not very good because it was created in 1998.
Download intro.avi (9.2MB)
25th September 2004 - Localization document and new screenshots
If you think about translation Fish Fillets NG to your language, this localization document will be helpful.
All screenshots were updated.
18th August 2004 - Bug fix release - Fish Fillets NG - 0.5.1
- fixed crash in level 'corals'
11th August 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.5.0
- removed libboost dependence
- options menu on F10
- 19 new levels
- initial German translation
- some new options, see man page
14th July 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.4.1
This is bug fix release.
- fixed level wreck crash
- fixed pyramid animation, level music music ;)
- added man page
8th July 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.4.0
- 19 new levels
- French translation
- pedometer counts moves
- reworked font rendering
- F5 key to show/hide level move counter
- Shift key for faster game
- wavy background
- changed install method, see README
28th June 2004 - French translation started
Frederic Panico started French translation. Some level dialogs and How to Play are done.
New translators are welcome!
10th May 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.3.0
- game world map
- save/load (F2/F3)
- two new levels
- two animated videos
- optional controls with spacebar and arrow keys
- How to Play manual
8th May 2004 - New screenshots
New screenshots of game map and some levels.
7th May 2004 - How to Play manual
Read new How to Play. And Czech version.
22nd April 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.2.1
- fixed crash on random(0)
- changed config directory from $HOME/fillets-ng to $HOME/.fillets-ng
21st April 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.2.0
- 6 playable levels
- use keys A, S, D, W to control the small fish and keys J, K, L, I to control the bigger fish
- object animations in level
- english/czech subtitles, czech dialogs
- level music
6th April 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.1.1
- bug fix release
- compiled and tested on Debian, Red Hat, FreeBSD
4th April 2004 - FreeBSD is supported
CVS version of Fish Fillets NG is ready for FreeBSD. It was successfully compiled and played on FreeBSD.
2nd April 2004 - NEW RELEASE - Fish Fillets NG - 0.1.0
- first public release
- one playable level
2nd April 2004 - Project Fish Fillets NG started